Sunday, June 27, 2010

The last 6 months...

I am so happy that I will be attending the MBA program at Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School in Belgium!

This process has Even though I applied for the Ambassadorial Scholarship over a year ago, my journey has really just been over the last 6 months.  I could go on for pages about this process - but I don't think that would be very interesting to you.  And if I start to be boring now, before I even leave the USA, I'm afraid I'll lose you to much more interesting blogs out there.

So instead I'll give you a quick summary of the last 6 months in my life:

*I applied to 5 universities and each one had a different application process.  All had essay requirements, some had phone interviews, and a few even had skype interviews.

*I took the GMAT and was happy with my score. Since I got accepted to each university I applied to, I know that schools were also happy with my score too.

*I had to make the difficult decision of which university to attend.  Each one I applied to was great but in the end I felt chose Vlerick because I felt the international experience, corporate partnerships, and location were a better fit for me.

*I have been spending as much time as I can with my family, friends and Rotaract clubmates.  I know I'll miss them all so much!

*I just returned from the Rotary International Convention in Montreal.  It was wonderful meeting up with my friends again and I can't wait to meet up with them in Europe!  I also was sharing stories with Yvette & Clemens, 2 other Rotaractors from Germany, who are Ambassadorial Scholars this year to Ireland and Australia, respectively.  It really is a small world afterall!

2 comments:

  1. Annie - Thank you for posting your blog to Facebook so I could find it! I plan to follow it so I can hear all about your adventures during this year. Rotary International could not have picked a more deserving or enthusiastic Ambassadorial Scholar! You make Rotaractors (and past Rotaractors) everywhere proud. Hugs from California!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea! Found your blog and excited to share in your journey!

    ReplyDelete