And I’ll start with last month where I was in the Galapagos Islands! Yes, you just read that right. (Here’s where you open a new internet screen and check where the Galapagos Islands are.) It shouldn't surprise you that it took us about 40 hours door-to-door travelling from Belgium. That included one overnight stay in the Guayaquil airport.
You might be surprised to know (like I was) that there are over 18 islands in the Galapagos but only 4 are inhabited. A great majority of the islands, 97%, are national park; and on the remaining 3% there are only about 23,000 people. I’ve put a little map for you below and circled the islands we were able to go to, some are close and only a 20 min shuttle boat ride from the Baltra airport to Santa Cruz – our “home”. And some are far away with a big ocean we never could have made it there on the transport boats.
The islands are BEAUTIFUL each one is so unique and different. It was an amazing trip and there are so many pictures I could share with you all (over 450!) - but I won’t. I think it's better to just share with you some of my favorite pics of the flora & fauna and the people...
|North Seymour Island and a marine iguana|
|Tortoise at the Charles Darwin Station, Santa Cruz Island|
|The beach at Isabela Island|
|Blue-footed Boobies on North Seymour Island|
|Sea lion pup on North Seymour|
|Owner of an organic coffee plantation on Santa Cruz Island|
|Flamingos on Isabela Island|
|Traditional Ecuadorian dancers at the Ms. Puerto Ayora pageant on Santa Cruz Island|
|Me on Bartolome Island, Pinnacle rock in the distance|
|My fantastic (and last) MBA team! Sean, Nick, Kelly, me, Paula, Gert, Tara & Iulia|
Coming soon another post...the final days of MBA and graduation! :)
See you soon!